Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlocked Huawei E5220
Hi to all on the forum -- I am new here -- My name is Peter P...

I have purchased a New "Unlocked" Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi, [from china] Model R206, based on the Huawei E5220...
It is my intention to use this with my ASUS Transformer PAD whilst in Europe later this year...

I wanted to test the R206-unit before leaving Australia and inserted the voice/data sim card from my smart phone, which is with NodeMobile via YesOptusG3...

I have use the Vodafone WebPage to gain access to settings etc., which do not seem to be straight forward and awkward to find your way around. At one point I found a reference to enter a sim "Pin" in doing this I changed the pin of my sim to a new number this did not work  I was unable to finalise a connection...

After trialling several options changing SSID rerences etc., I chose an instruction to reset the preinstalled settings...
QUESTIONS: Does resetting re install Lock Key? and do I have to Unlock the device again?  Is there a better webpage available to to entre the units internal settings?   Regards & Cheers PeterP[Image: angry.png]